How to Market and Advertise Puppies
Puppies are very frequently in demand as pets. Many people prefer their dog as a puppy rather than several years old. Litters of puppies are generally easy to market to either find the puppies a good home or to sell them as a breeder for profit in California. Online marketing and advertising and photos are a quick way to get the dogs seen by a large number of people, but care must be taken to ensure that only good homes end up adopting the animals.
If you are advertising puppies for sale, here are some tips to help you out.
- Get the puppies vaccinated and keep them well fed to maintain their health while you search for homes for them. Keep vaccination records so they can show potential buyers and provide them to whoever takes the puppy out of the house.
- Take close-up photos of each puppy. The puppy’s entire body should be visible in the photo so it’s obvious he’s not trying to hide anything.
- Type above an ad for the puppies stating their breed, age, gender, and vaccination information. They include a price for each puppy. Always ask for at least $50 to help weed out people who just take the puppies and abuse or sell them. The adoption fee helps bring in more selective buyers who are more likely to have the puppy’s best interests at heart. Place a header at the top of the ad that says “puppies.”
- Place photos of each puppy in the ad.
- Post your ad in online classifieds, local pet shelter sites that allow listings, and other local sites, such as a veterinarian’s office or pet store. Include a phone number or email address so you can be reached by potential buyers.
- Interview each prospective buyer who interacts with the puppy to see how the puppy reacts to you and to verify the buyer could provide a good home for the puppy.
Tips and Warnings
- A contract of sale may give you the ability to claim the puppy if you feel it is being mistreated. Consult an attorney to properly write one.
- Ask for references from potential puppy buyers to rule out more unsuitable buyers.
If you already have a website advertising, puppies for sale can be much easier. But with a proper marketing campaign, it can be less stressful. A good pet breeder marketing agency can help you with that such as Vega Marketing Solutions. They are reputable, have a grade A with the Better Business Bureau, and have been in business since 2014!